Get Google Adsense Approval! 7 Things to Do That Really Work
Would you believe that I applied for Adsense with a WAP site that didn’t have any option to put Adsense codes?
Believe it or not, but it’s true. And Adsense rejected my application. Cause that application didn’t make any sense to Adsense team.
That time, I didn’t have any idea about Adsense and how it works. All I knew that website owners can make money from Adsense. So I thought why not give it a try. After all, I was a proud owner of a mobile site.
Like me, there are a lot of people who apply for Adsense with low-quality sites. That’s why Google became more strict on approving new Adsense accounts to maintain its quality.
I believe that you have a good web site (not wap) but Google disapproved your application. Maybe, this is the reason you are reading this post.
Getting rejected by Adsense is frustrating. After a few rejections, many new bloggers get this idea in their head that they won’t get Adsense approval ever. If you are one of them, you are not alone. And you are on the right place.
In this post, I will be sharing some tips on getting Adsense accounts. Most of these tips will be helpful mainly for Bloggers. I hope you’ll get approved by Adsense after reading this post. So keep reading…
7 Things to Do to Get Approved by Adsense
Google doesn’t reveal any hints on what basis they approve new account. All you can do is to maintain some standards before applying for Adsense. You can also consider the following tips as Google Adsense Approval Checklist.
1. Get a Top Level Domain
Gone are those days when people would get Adsense account with free sub domains site like Blogspot, Weebly etc. Google still approves sub domains site, but you have to make sure that your site has good contents, nice design, easy navigation etc.
It’s really tough to make sub domain sites compatible with Adsense standards. Google has already banned some sub domains site like .co.cc, .co.nr.
So I suggest you to grab a top-level domain like me (RoadToBlogging.Com). .Com, .net, .org, .in, .com.bd etc are the top-level domains. Here is an example to understand the difference.
- Free Sub domain – roadtoblogging.blogspot.com
- Top Level Domain – roadtoblogging.com
Here are some important things you should consider before buying a domain name.
- Don’t use the words hack, crack, downloads etc on your domain name.
- Avoid copyright violation. (You cannot use others Brand Name on your domain).
- Don’t use any adult term.
- Also read: How to Choose a Good Domain Name
If you are going to create a WordPress blog, don’t forget to read this post: 7 Easy Steps to Create a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog
2. Good Design & Easy Navigation
You may have good contents on your site. But it doesn’t guarantee Adsense approval unless you’ve good design and easy navigation on your site.
If you want to make money from your site, then you should consider investing some money on site design. WordPress user can go for Premium Themes. If your budget is low, you can grab a theme from MyThemeShop.
So make sure that your site has a professional looking design with a good navigation. And don’t forget to create a logo for your blog.
3. Submit Site on Search Engines
Whenever you launch a site, you always want that people can discover your site easily. Search Engines are the place where people you find your site easily.
All you need to do is submit your sitemap on search engines.
And also make sure that Google has indexed your site’s pages. Type site:yourdomain.com in Google Search and check whether Google indexes your site or not. Sometimes Google takes one week or more to index your site. If you’ve some relevant backlinks, you pages will be indexed fast. Interlinking blog posts also helps Search Engine Bots to index your pages.
4. Connect Your Site With Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
Analytics and Webmaster tools are two awesome tools by Google.
Google Analytics provides detailed statistics about your site. And Webmaster tools provides a detailed report on site’s pages visibility on Google.
These two tools help you improve your site performance that increase the chance of getting Adsense account.
- How to Connect Google Analytics with WordPress Blog
- How Add WordPress Blog In Google Webmaster Tools
5. Publish Fresh and Unique Contents
This is the most important part.
You have to create fresh and unique contents before applying for Adsense. Adsense doesn’t require huge contents, but quality contents. Some bloggers got Adsense account with only 20-30 posts, while some didn’t get approval with more than 100 posts.
So quality contents matter a lot. Quality contents are those which are well-developed and researched, free from copyrighted things and illegal download links, not copied from others, user-friendly and detailed.
So try to publish some quality content. Remember, Quality content is always king.
Adsense Prohibited Content: Copyrighted contents, Adult content, Hacking & Cracking related contents, Gambling/Casino/Alcohol-related contents and all illegal contents.
6. Remove Other Networks Ads
It’s not a bad idea to try some Adsense alternatives when you don’t have an Adsense account yet. But remove those Ads before applying for Adsense.
Though Google allows you to use another Ad Networks with Adsense, but it creates a bad impression to the Adsense team if your site is filled with other networks’ ads.
7. Create Important Pages
There are some pages that provide better user experience. Google always focuses on better user experience. Most of the new bloggers don’t create these pages. Having these pages creates a good impression to the Adsense team. So create the following pages before applying for Adsense.
- About – Most of the first time visitors visit ‘About’ page. They want to know who you are behind the blog. In about page, you can write about yourself and your blog or whatever you want. Here is my about page.
- Contact – This is the most ignored page. You will realize its important once you have it. You might have missed direct advertising because of not having contact page. Learn: How to Create Contact Page in WordPress.
Other Things to Consider
- If you’ve more the one site, then consider applying with best site.
- Your content should be written in English or other Adsense supported languages.
- Give your actual information while applying for Adsense account.
- Your age must be 18 years or above to participate in Adsense Program.
- Sometimes Google requires 6 months older domain in certain countries including China & India.
- Avoid Paid Traffic. (Adsense doesn’t require a lot of traffic)
- Don’t use copyrighted image, Use Images with Credits.
Once your site is compatible with all the above facts, then apply for Adsense Account. Approval process takes 24 to 48 hours now.
Once you’ve got Adsense account, you can use Adsense ads on others site owned by you. That’s why you might have noticed that some low-quality sites contain Adsense Ads. But that is not a good idea, Always ensure that you site is compatible with Adsense policy before adding Ads. Adsense may ban your account if they find something wrong on your site.
Do let us know if you’ve any other tricks to get approved by Adsense. If you find this post useful, then don’t forget to share it on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.