When it comes to blogging and writing, you need just one thing… a laptop with an internet connection.Choosing the right laptop is very crucial. Choose the wrong one, and it could literally hinder your growth. It is not just a mere tool that makes you eligible to start blogging, but the right laptop can make your life easier.But there is one major problem.Which laptop to choose?There are many manufacturers, each producing a good number of laptops each year with different specs. Picking the right laptop among hundreds of options available is somewhat of a nightmare. A lot of questions will come to your mind.
- Should I go for cheap ones or should I just go for the highest priced laptop?
- Should I go for a high-specs laptop or a more practical one?
- Do I need a stylish laptop or do I care very little about the aesthetics?
- Do I actually need a laptop, or will a tablet or a convertible be a better option?
- Is battery life very important to me?
I am sure you can now understand how hard of a job it is to choose the right laptop, right?Well, worry no more because in this post you are going to discover the top 11 laptops based on different factors to help you choose the best laptop option for you.Don’t consider this a ranked list where the best laptop is at the top and lower one below. Choose the one that suits your needs.
1: Apple MacBook Pro ($1299)
Apple is known for the quality of their hardware, their support and the simplicity of their software system.The MacBook Pro is their high-end laptop with high specs that make your laptop blazingly fast.Get this laptop, and you are guaranteed to have a laptop that remains so fast even after 5 years.I use and recommend this laptop to bloggers like me.Since I switched to Apple, I haven’t looked back. My experience is much better, my laptop lasts longer, and my productivity has skyrocketed.The only drawback is the steep price. It starts at $1300 for the base model. If the price is not a problem for you, then go and buy it.
Base Model Specifications:
- 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
- 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 128GB SSD storage
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
2: HP ProBook 470 ($589)
HP is one of the companies I respect in this industry. They always produce high-quality products. And this laptop is a beast on its own.The main advantage of this laptop is the long-lasting battery. This is another high-end laptop like the MacBook Pro.It has excellent specs, so it will help you in all the activities you do.I would recommend it to you if you don’t like the Apple system and you still want a high-quality laptop.And there are some high discounts on this laptop these days because HP is preparing for the release of their new version. That makes it more worthy.
Base Model Specifications:
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor
- 4 GB memory; 500 GB HDD storage
- 17.3″ HD+ display (1600×900)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 930MX (2 GB DDR3 dedicated, switchable)
3: Asus Zenbook UX330UA ($672)
Asus is one of the fast-growing companies in this space. And this laptop was created to compete with the MacBook.It is very slim, highly portable, and looks stylish, which is perfect for fashion-conscious bloggers.If you are not deeply into the Apple system and want to get a very good laptop while saving some money, then you can’t go wrong with this laptop.
- 13.3 Inch Anti-glare FHD 1920 x 1080 Display, Wide View 170 degrees with Windows 10 Pre-installed
- Latest 8th Gen Intel i5-8250U 1.6 GHz Processor (6M Cache, Turbo up to 3.4GHz), Fast storage and memory featuring 256GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD with 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Extensive connectivity with micro HDMI/USB 3.1 Type C, 802.11ac WiFi, and SD Card Reader
- Sleek and light weight 2.6 lbs aluminum body for comfortable portability
- Built-in fingerprint reader with one-touch login via Windows Hello feature
4: Apple MacBook Air ($999)
When the MacBook Air was first released, it came out with a loud bang in the industry.It was the perfect laptop for most users. Lightweight, perfect for regular everyday use like surfing the web, and so on, plus it is loaded with the Apple software.If you won’t be doing activities that require high processing power like video editing, and you like the Apple system, then this laptop is for you.It is perfect for all beginners who don’t want to pay the premium price for the MacBook Pro but still want a good laptop for their productivity.The only drawback is that for this price, you can get very high specs from other laptop brands. But if you really don’t want them and this laptop suits your budget, then go for it. You will never look back.
Base Model Specifications:
- 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
- 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 128GB SSD storage
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
5: Asus VivoBook E403NA ($258.80)
If you are looking for a super affordable laptop with good quality, then Asus is the company you should look at.And the VivoBook is no different. It offers excellent value for its price. It is not thick, and it is lightweight. It is good for its portability.The specs are on the lower end, but considering the price, it is not that bad at all.Go for this laptop if you just want to get started, and you plan to replace it after a year or so.
- Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 14.2″ wide, 0.8″ thin and portable footprint with 0.3″ NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 80% screen-to-body ratio
- 15.6″ anti-glare Full HD display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 1TB HDD
6: Apple MacBook ($860)
Another Apple product which is somehow between the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro.Apple MacBook is a super lightweight laptop. It’s very thin and ultra portable. This is the main advantage of this laptop.If you are looking for the extra portable laptop that still has good power, then this laptop is for you.The only problem is that it is priced very high considering the specs you are getting, but that is the cost of getting that extra portability.If portability is not that important for you, then don’t bother with this laptop. Go for the Air if you don’t need the extra power or go with the Pro.
Base Model Specifications:
- 1.2GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core m3 processor
- Turbo Boost up to 3.0GHz
- 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 256GB SSD storage1
- Intel HD Graphics 615
7: Lenovo ThinkPad ($619)
Have you ever dreamed if there is a way you can type on your laptop like you are writing on paper instead of typing on the keyboard?If so, then the ThinkPad is your laptop.It is great if you still prefer handwriting, or if you like doing mind mapping or drawing illustrations or pictures. The ThinkPad makes it very easy to do.And it is not priced super high. It starts at $619, and it has outstanding processing power.
- Intel Core i5-6200U Processor (2.3GHz – 2.8GHz, 3M Cache)
- 14″ HD Screen (1366×768)
- Graphics: Intel HD 520
- 8GB RAM
- 240GB Solid State Drive
8: Dell XPS 15 ($1199)
If you are looking for a laptop in the $1000+ range, and you want high-performance one with good portability, then the XPS 15 is the laptop you are looking for.The problem with the MacBook Air is that it is priced so high for its specs. This is where the Dell XPS 15 comes in.If you don’t want the Apple ecosystem and you are looking for a high-quality laptop with a very good screen, then you can’t go wrong with this laptop.And it is still a portable laptop that is lightweight and thin.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor 9MB Cache, up to 4.1 GHz
- 16GB 2666MHz DDR4, 2x8GB
- 512 GB M.2 2280 [PCIe] SSD
- 15.6-inch FHD 1920 x 1080, Infinity Edge Anti-Glare
9: Microsoft Surface Pro ($799)
Microsoft wanted to compete with Apple in the laptop space, but they didn’t want just to create another laptop. That is why they have built their hybrid laptop.The Surface Pro is a 12.9″ tablet that runs Windows 12. You could buy the keyboard and stylus to have the complete package.If you want to write on the screen, you won’t find a better solution. If you want to write on the keyboard, their keyboard is good.It also has good power, but the price is not low. It starts at $799 for the 128 Gb storage and without the other accessories.If you are planning to go with higher processing power, higher storage and add the keyboard and stylus, then you would have to look at the $1300-1500 price range.If you want the 2-in-1 laptop, surface pro won’t disappoint you. If you don’t, then you can pick other laptops in the list.
- 7th generation Intel Core M Processor
- 128 GB of storage
- 4 GB RAM
- up to 13.5 hours of video playback
10: Acer Aspire R 15 2-in-1 laptop ($799.99)
Since the release of the Surface Pro, the hybrid industry has exploded and the Acer Aspire R is one of the standouts.It is different from the Surface in that you can’t detach the keyboard, but you can rotate the screen 360° so you get that tablet experience.The specs are very high, and it is priced low compared to the Surface Pro.
You don’t need to buy accessories, and you can’t use the stylus which is not a deal breaker for many.
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U Processor (Up to 3.5GHz)
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Multi-touch widescreen LED-backlit IPS display
- NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 12GB DDR4 Memory
- 256GB SSD
- Up to 9-hours Battery Life
11: Samsung Chromebook 3 ($155)
Chromebooks became popular in the past few years. The system is limited when compared to Windows, but that means you won’t need high processing power to get going.It is perfect if you are just surfing the web and don’t mind the extra simplicity and you’re budget is limited.Many Chromebooks have been created in the past few years, but the one that is better than most is the Samsung Chromebook 3.Samsung has refined their Chromebook to have the best quality for the best price. It is priced so low at $219.
- 11.6 inch ( 1366 x 768), 16:9
- Intel Celeron Processor N3060, 1.6 GHz to 2.48 GHz
- 4 GB Memory.
- Google Chrome system
Conclusion: Which One Should You Choose?
Choosing the right laptop may be a confusing process, but that is why this post is created.If you are looking to use the Apple system, then you have 3 choices.
- Go with the Pro for best performance.
- Go with the Air if you don’t need the extra power.
- Go with the MacBook if you want the extra portability.
If you want super cheap laptops, then you can go with the Asus VivoBook.If you want long-lasting battery, then the HP ProBook is your choice.If you prefer writing than typing, then choose between the Lenovo ThinkPad and the Surface Pro depending on your budget.If you want high-quality laptop that is not Apple, then consider the Surface Pro.Tell me in the comments below which one you decided to go with at the end. Also, which laptop are you using right now and how is it doing?