Jitendra Vaswani is the founder of BloggersIdeas, a blog about Blogging, SEO, Digital Marketing, and Social Media Marketing. He is also a Digital Marketing & SEO Consultant.
He started his blogging journey in 2013, now owns a lot of blogs and runs a team of 20 people. He is one of the most successful bloggers in India.
1. First of all, tell us a little about your background and how you got into blogging.
I started my digital marketing journey in 2012 while working with a small startup as an SEO executive and I started at a very low salary due to no interested in programming and I was very disheartened.
Suddenly I developed an interest in SEO and from that point, my life took a huge turn and I did a job for 2.5 yrs and finally started my first blog – BloggersIdeas.com in 2013 and rest is history. In 2013 I didn’t know that my blog will become successful because I was learning from SEO masters like Neil Patel, Brian Dean, and Rand Fishkin.
Through my first book “Inside A Hustler’s Brain: In Pursuit of Financial Freedom” I want to help people to take actions in their life and bring change in people’s mindsets. To have an entrepreneur mindset is everything.
I would like to mention about my biggest influences in this marketing industry –
- Neil Patel
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Grant Cardone
- Wolf Of Wall Street
- Rand Fishkin
2. How many blogs do you have? And how do you manage them?
Currently, I have many blogs under my belt, they are travel, health & MMO. I have a team of 20 people who are handling those blogs, I train my team on SEO and link building. As some of the niche blogs are in competitive niches, so it requires a lot of content & strong On-Page SEO. Managing team is getting tougher for me day by day as my team needs attention every day and I am using Trello for managing the tasks between the team.
3. How many hours do your work on your blogs every day? And how do you manage your time?
I have lot of businesses now not only blogs, I do PR marketing, speaking at international conferences and do digital marketing workshops. To be honest sometimes it get crazy to manage time so I work whenever I want may be 8 or 10 hour daily.
4. Do you outsource any blogging tasks? If yes, share with us some details like from where and what type of tasks you outsource?
Yes I outsource content, SEO & my web design & development task to the people I hired through my friend circle. As I dont want to do everything , I divide the tasks between my team & everybody have their own set of targets.
Assigning the right task to the right person always help me to achieve the targets, when I started out this business I was bad at managing the team and I lose a lot of money here.
Use Trello for managing tasks it makes my job so easy. Sometimes I do hire people from UpWork too for video editing for my interviews.
5. How do you promote your blogs and the latest blog posts?
For now I use social media sites like FB, Linkedin & Twitter. Most of the traffic on my blogs is organic so I do SEO and ask my team to do strong On-Page SEO. Because I know organic is the highest converting traffic.
6. How do you monetize your blogs?
As my traffic is now 90% organic and I never did paid traffic when I started, because I didn’t have much money at that time. I did SEO myself and slowly I started building my team in SEO.
I started this blog (BloggersIdeas.com) with an investment of 50$ and now 50$ investment is worth millions of dollars as I am doing affiliate marketing & making money through lot of affiliate programs currently.
Also I use these monetization methods :
- Sponsored Reviews
- PR Marketing
- Selling Courses
7. Which devices and gadgets are you using now for blogging?
I use oneplus 7t PRO, one of my favorite device and it fast.
I have Microsoft surface book 2 laptop, it is beast machine and I cannot live without windows. I am not fan of Apple.
8. What apps, tools, or plugins do you use to make your blogging journey easier?
I use lot of softwares & tools for my company & I read top notch websites like:
Softwares I use :
- Google Drive
- Google Search Console
- Check my links (This chrome extension checks all the links on a web page and highlights the broken ones.)
- ShareMetric (Shows social share count in the toolbar.)
- SearchStatus (Firefox extension that allows you to check how any website is ranking.)
- MozBar (Industry’s leading All-in-one SEO toolbar. Must use.)
- SenSEO (Grades your site according to on-page SEO criteria.)
- SEO SERP (Quickly check the list of sites on the given keyword. Simple and handy.)
- SEOQuake (Checks a huge selection of SEO parameters on a given web page.)
I surely recommend these tools the startups or business owners who are really serious to grow their business and wants to take their business to the next level. Using the best tools for your business is a guaranteed success. You have to audit your business with these powerful tools to scale your business to higher revenues.
9. What’s your workspace setup like? If possible, share a picture of your workstation or home office?
My workspace is mostly coffee shop, because most of the time I am working from the coffee shop and sometimes I rent an coworking space in Bangkok. Mostly I am spending time in Thailand and traveling across the globe.
10. Which book are you reading now? Do you have any recommended books for bloggers?
I dont read too many books, but I do watch Youtube videos for book summaries sometimes.
Bloggers should read this book “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki to learn the difference between liabilities & assets because I see many bloggers they make money and then buy liabilities which makes them poor. Build your assets and learn how to keep money in your pocket always.
11. What’s the best blogging advice you have ever received?
Depending on a single source of income is risky. So diversify your income portfolio. Build assets while growing your business. As Gary Vee said put your head down and keep working towards your goals, don’t listen to other people’s opinions.
12. What do you do when you are not blogging?
I am always blogging, it’s in my blood, I am talking to my team everyday about blogging & SEO, so its 24*7 routine. So invest your time if you want to become a digital nomad, watching binge Tv shows will never make you an entrepreneur.
Do You Have Any Questions?
Now it’s your turn.
If you have any questions to Jitendra, feel free to comment here.
Jitendra would be happy to answer your questions.
Last Updated on