Bluehost is one of the few web hosts which is officially recommended by WordPress.org. Currently, it powers over 2 million websites worldwide. If you are planning to create a WordPress website, look no further. Buy web hosting from Bluehost at an affordable price.
During this Black Friday & Cyber Monday, Bluehost is offering 60% OFF on their web hosting plans which lets you grab their plans as low as $2.65 per month.
As it’s a limited time deal, you need to be real quick to enjoy this crazy discount. Now let’s know more about the deal.
About Bluehost Black Friday & Cyber Monday Offer 2018
Almost all of the popular web hosts offer huge discounts on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving (US Holiday). During this time, online and offline retailers offer their best discounts.
Bluehost offers this discount every year. This year they are offering up 60% OFF. This discount is applicable on first time purchase only. You will not get any discount at the time of renewal. So it’s recommended to buy hosting for a longer period during this time.
Besides the discount offer, Bluehost provides some freebies to their all customers. Here’s what they are offering now.
Free Domain Name: Bluehost offers a free domain name for one year which is normally cost $10 - $15. So you don’t need to buy a domain name separately.
Free SSL Certificate: Having an SSL Certificate on your site is a must now. Google Chrome now levels ‘Not Secure’ on non-HTTPs sites. So you should install SSL Certificate on your site right away.
Bluehost Plans & Pricing: Which One To Choose?
Bluehost has four shared hosting plans ranging from $2.75 to $13.95 per month initially. And the renewal price ranges from $7.99 to $23.99 per month. The minimum subscription period of Bluehost is 12 months.
Now let’s talk about Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans to help you to choose the right plan for you.
- Basic Plan: As the name suggests, it’s the most basic plan. It lets you create only one WordPress site. If you are going to create your first site, this plan is the right choice for you.
- Plus Plan: This plan lets you host unlimited sites. If you are going to create multiple sites, then grab this plan.
- Choice Plus Plan: You will get extra two things - Domain Privacy and CodeGuard Basic. If you need these two things, then go with this plan.
- Go PRO: This plan is for advanced users who need a high-performance server.
I’d recommend you to start with Plus Plan and upgrade later if needed.
Bluehost Hosting Period: What Should Be The Length Of Your Hosting Plan?
Bluehost has 4 different terms for its hosting plans. You can buy hosting for 12, 24, 36, or 60 months.
Bluehost offers the maximum discount for the highest period. That means if you buy the hosting for a longer period, you will get more discount.
Another important thing is, Bluehost host doesn’t offer any discount on renewal. That means if you buy hosting for 12 months, you will have to pay the regular payment after 12 months.
So I’d always recommend you to buy hosting for 24 or 36 months. The 60 months period is not recommended as you may need to change the host later.
Bluehost Package Extras: Are They Worth The Money?
Bluehost offers some extra services with extra payment.
Now the question is, are they worth the money?
The answer is NO, in most of the cases.
You don’t need these extra services, at least when you are just starting.
Let’s see some of these extra services.
- SiteLock Security: It costs $23.88/yr. It performs scans to keep your site safe from spamming and malware. If you are going to use WordPress, you can use the free Sucuri plugin for that.
- Codeguard Basic: It takes daily backups of sites, which costs around $36 per year. Again, this can be done by using a free WordPress backup plugin.
- Bluehost SEO Tools: There is no reason to buy SEO Tools from a hosting company. There a plenty of free SEO tools out there.
So I’d recommend you not to buy these services while buying the host. You can always take the services later if needed.
Recommended Reading: How To Setup WordPress On Bluehost
Hope this post helped to save some money on Bluehost.
Let me know if you need to know anything about Bluehost. I’ll try my best to help you out.
If you liked the post, feel free to share it with others.