People love discounts. That's why coupon sites like RetailMeNot and Groupon are so popular. And they are making tons of money via affiliate commissions.
So how do they make such huge commissions? They make sure the users click on their affiliate links before using the coupon code.
If you are using WordPress and want to do something like that, you are in the right place. Here I'll be sharing how to add coupon codes or deals on your WordPress blog posts & pages.
I've tried several coupon code WordPress Plugins. "WP Coupons and Deals" is the plugin that I can stick with.
Why I Use This Coupon Code Plugin?
- Protect Affiliate Sales: Unless it's a custom coupon code, I have to make sure the user clicks on your link to get the sale. Thanks to the "Click to Copy" functionality" of the plugin that makes people click on the affiliate links.
- Generate More Affiliate Sales: This plugin is designed to increase your conversion rates. The simple yet attractive interface of the plugin has increased my affiliate sales.
- Add Deals: Like other coupon code sites, I can add deals to my blog posts and pages. This way I can get more clicks on my affiliate links.
- Very Lightweight & Secure: Before using this plugin, I've used DRP Coupon Plugin for years. But WordPress.org has removed the plugin because of its vulnerability. And the plugin was loading several scripts on every page. I haven't faced any such issues on "WP Coupons and Deals" plugin.
How To Add Coupon Code & Deal In WordPress
Adding coupon code or deal by using this plugin is extremely easy. At first, let's see how to install the plugin.
Installing The Plugin
It's a free plugin. You can install it from WordPress directory.
Then simply click on "Activate" button.
That's it. The plugin has activated.
Creating Coupon Code or Deal
Creating coupon code or deal is very simple. Just go to Coupons > Add New Coupon from WordPress dashboard.
Then provide your coupon details:
1. Give a title of the coupon.
2. Select Coupon or Deal.
3. Enter the coupon code.
4. Put your affiliate link.
5. Enter discount amount.
6. Add a little description of the coupon.
7. Show or hide expire date.
You can also add coupon to a category. Just add a new coupon category and select the category. And then publish the coupon.
Now you can add coupon to your WordPress post or page.
Adding Coupon Code or Deal In Post/Page
Once you've created the coupon code, it's time to add the coupon to your blog post or page. It's very easy.
Once you are on the WordPress Post Editor, click on "Add Coupon".
A box will be popped up. Just select the coupon and click on "Insert Coupon Shortcode."
That's it. You are done. After publishing the post, you will see your coupon live.
Adding Coupon To The Sidebar/Footer
Thanks to the "Coupons and Deals Widget", you can add coupon or deal on your WordPress sidebar or footer.
Just go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and drag the widget and place where you want to show the coupon code.
If you are going to add coupon to the WordPress sidebar, I'd recommend you to make it sticky to get more sales.
Over To You
This coupon code plugin is not designed only for the coupon code or deal posts. You can enter your coupon code anywhere you want by using the shortcode.
So you can add coupon code on any kind of post. This way you can generate more affiliate sales.
Hope this post helps you to add coupon code on your WordPress blog. If you found the post useful, please help me by sharing the post on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.