People visit your site to read the posts, Not to see the widgets. Most of the time they open the post, scroll & read the content and left. When they are at the bottom of the post your sidebar was out of their screen. And you don’t get any benefit from it. I know you put many widgets there!
One of the best way to get benefit from your widgets is make one of your widget STICKY that scroll with user.
For example you want more subscribers then just make your Subscription Form sticky.
Now you can make a Sticky Widget by using Q2W3 Fixed Widget WordPress plugin. Before we move to the plugin configuration here are some benefits of Using this Plugin
- You an stick Google Ads to increase CTR
- You can stick your Subscription form to get more subscriber.
- You can stick Facebook/Google Plus Widget for more Like.
- You can stick Popular post to decrease bounce rate.
- You can stick any offers to generate Revenue.
Or whatever you want. Even you can make 2 widget sticky.
To Setup the plugin Follow the Simple Steps:
1. Go to Dashboard and click on Plugins > Add new.
2. Type ‘Q2W3 Fixed Widget’ in search bar and Click on Search Plugins. ( You can download it from here)
3. Very first result will be this Plugin.
4. Click on Install Now and Active your Plugin.
5. Once you’ve active this plugin, Go to Appearance -> Widgets, enable “Fixed Widget” option on any active widget.
Margin Top: This property defines the vertical distance from the top border edge of an element to the edge of its containing block
Margin Bottom: This property defines the vertical distance from the bottom border edge of the element concerned to the edge of its containing block.
Optimize margin bottom properly to prevent widget overlapping with the footer.
6. Now time to make your Widget Sticky. Just select the Widget which you want make sticky and you’ll find enable “Fixed widget” option.
Once you’ve enable the ‘Fixed Widget’ option your Widget will be Sticky. Now visitors will see your sticky widget when they scroll. Hope this plugin will help you get benefit from your sidebar.
Update : The last version (2.1) has new option for disabling plugin on mobile devices.
Here are two nice widgets for your Sidebar:
So do you think it’s a good idea to make widget sticky? Do you use any other plugin to make widget sticky?