How to Make Money With Hostgator Affiliate Program
Have you ever thought to make money from your hosting instead of paying?
Yes, it’s possible. I’ve been doing it for a whille with HostGator Affiliate program. Till now, I’ve earned $3,500 with HostGator affiliate program. On the other hand, I’ve paid less then $400 as hosting cost to HostGator. Here is a screenshot of my HostGator earnings.
If you aren’t aware about HostGator, here are some information for you. HostGator is one of the most popular web hosting companies all over the world. It offers unlimited web hosting with top-notch support, 99.9% uptime guarantee, and 45-day money-back guarantee. It hosts more that 9,000,000 domains.
HostGator popularity makes it easier for me to promote them. As a happy customer of HostGator, I recommend other to buy hosting from HostGator. It’s a win-win deal. People get quality hosting and I get commission. In this post, I will be talking about how to make money with HostGator affiliate program.
Why to Join HostGator Affiliate Program?
Here’s why you’ll love HostGator affiliate.
- Free Affiliate Membership – You don’t have to have a hosting account to join affiliate. It’s open for all and free. I would suggest you to use HostGator hosting before recommending to others.
- Make Up to $125 Per Sale – HostGator pays $50-$125 per sale. It depends on the number of your refferals. The more you refer, the higher commission you get.
- High Conversion Rate – As I said it’s one of the most popular web hosts, conversion rate is high.
- Great Support – HostGator has a dedicated affiliate team to assist you. Whenever you need any help just them an E-mail.
- Easy Payment Options – You can get paid by Check or Paypal. Paypal is easier option.
How to Get Started with HostGator Affiliate
Getting started is easy and anyone can do that. Just follow these simple steps.
1. Go to HostGator.Com. Click on ‘Affiliates’ from upper right.
2. Then you’ll be landed on Affiliate page, click on ‘Sign Up Today!’ button.
3. Fill out your account information and click on ‘Continue’.
4. Once you’ve signed up, go to your account information and update your payment setting.
That’s it, now you are a HostGator affiliate.
How to Make Money With HostGator Affiliate Program
Let’s see how to make money with HostGator Affiliate Program. I’ve already shared a detailed post on how to make money with web hosting affiliate program. I would suggest you to read that post.
Here are some specific tips to generate sales from HostGator affiliate.
1. Create Custom Coupon and Promote
HostGator allows you to create custom coupon codes for your readers. If someone uses your custom coupon code while signing up, you’ll get the commission regardless of whether the user followed your affiliate link or not.
Currently you can create two types of coupon codes, one for $9.94 off for first month and another one for 25% OFF on total purchase. Here at RoadToBlogging, I’ve create coupon code “RTBHOSTING25” to get 25% siscount. If you are going to buy hosting from HostGator, use this coupon code. Never use your own coupon code for signing up.
Once you’ve created coupon code, start promoting it your blog and social networking site. Here is an example, how I promote coupon code on my blog.
2. Promote Special Day Offers
HostGator offers crazy discounts on Special Days like Black Friday, Cyber Monday, President’s day etc. You can promote those offers on your blog. As most of the time those discounts are huge, people don’t want to miss the chance.
If you can promote those offers properly, you can expect some quick sales.
3. Write a Review
If you are a HostGator customer, share your hosting experience with your readers. Write ah honest review and give some reasons why your readers should try HostGator hosting.
Never use too much promotional speech on your review post. It decreases your blog’s credibility. Here’s my HostGator Review.
4. Use Banners on Header/Sidebar
HostGator has some awesome banners (Check here). You can use those banners on your blog. These banners are highly optimized for conversion.
If your blog niche is not related with web hosting, you can use a small banner with text like Powered by/ Hosted by.
5. Offer Incentive
You might have noticed that many bloggers offer Free WordPress Install service. They will set up your WordPress blog instead you have to buy hosting with their affiliate link. It’s win-win situation.
You can also offer this type of incentive, not importantly this one. You can also offer a free premium theme, ebook, blog consultation etc.
Hope this post will help you to make money from HostGator. Do let us know if you know any other techniques to generate more sales. Don’t forget to share this post on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.