Using QuickInstall is the easiest way to create a WordPress Blog. It will require only 2 minutes to start a blog. Even if you are a noob you can do it easily.
In case If you don’t have Hostgator hosting read: How to Sign Up HostGator Web Hosting
Once you’ve bought your Hosting, your site won’t show anything except something like “Index of”. That means your site needs a platform to get started. WordPress is one of the best platform for blogger/site owner. Let’s check how to install WordPress on your site.
How to Install WordPress On HostGator Using QuickInstall
There are 3 ways to install WordPress on HostGator cPanel which are given below.
- Quick Install
- Fantastico De Luxe
In this post I will show you how to install WordPress using QuickInstall. Here we go.
1. At first login to your cPanel. Most of the time it is http://yourdomain.com/cpanel. If this link doesn’t work for you, go to email address and find out the Email sent by HostGator after you signed up. You will find your cPanel link, Username and Password there.
Once you’ve logged in, Scroll down and click on QuickInstall under ‘Software/Services’.
2. Then you will be landed on a new page. just click on WordPress under ‘Blog Software’. You will see short description of WordPress newest version.
Click Continue to start Installation.
3. Then it will show a ‘Install WordPress’ Form.
- http:// Select the desired domain name. If it is your first blog then you will have only one option.
- Admin Email: Put your Email there. If you forget your Username or Password, you can get it via these Email.
- Blog Title: The name of your blog. You can change it later.
- Admin User: It will be the Username of your WordPress Dashboard.
- First Name: It will be added to Admin Profile. You can change it anytime after install.
- Last Name: This is also the part of Admin Profile name. You can change it later.
Then Click on Install Now! button.
4. That’s it. Your Installation is ready. They will show you the Admin Area, Username and Password.
5. Go to Admin area, put your username and Password and click on ‘Log in’.
Your WordPress Dashboard will be like this.
Now You have a new WordPress Blog!
If you have any query about installing WordPress on HostGator cPanel, let me know via comment. Consider sharing this post with your friends.