WordPress and HostGator can be an awesome combination when you are just starting a new blog/site. WordPress is the best self hosted blogging platform and HostGator is one of the most popular web hosting companies. With One Click WordPress Install, HostGator makes it insanely easy to start a self hosted WordPress.org blog. Here I will be sharing few steps to install WordPress on HostGator hosting.
First of all, you need have an account on HostGator. You can get started with HostGator for only One Cent by using the coupon code “RTB1CENTHOSTING”. However, if you are going to buy yearly package, use the coupon code “RTBHOSTING25″ to get 25% off on your bill. If I were you I would start with Baby Plan.
Once you’ve bought your Hosting, your site won’t show anything except something like “Index of”. That means your site needs a platform to get started. So let’s see how to Install WordPress on HostGator.
How to Install WordPress On HostGator Using QuickInstall
There are 3 ways to install WordPress on HostGator cPanel – QuickInstall, Fantastico De Luxe and Manual . Using QuickInstall is the easiest way to create a WordPress Blog. It will require only 3 minutes to start a blog. Even if you are a noob you can do it easily. Just follow these simple steps…
1. At first login to your cPanel. Most of the time it is http://yourdomain.com/cpanel. If this link doesn’t work for you, go to email address and find out the Email sent by HostGator after you signed up. You will find your cPanel link, Username and Password there.
Once you’ve logged in, Scroll down and click on QuickInstall under ‘Software/Services’.
2. Then you will be landed on a new page. just click on WordPress under ‘Blog Software’. You will see short description of WordPress newest version.
Click Continue to start Installation.
3. Now fill the information properly. Check the following instructions.
- http:// Select the desired domain name. If it is your first blog then you will have only one option.
- Admin Email: Put your Email there. If you forget your Username or Password, you can get it via these Email.
- Blog Title: The name of your blog. You can change it later.
- Admin User: It will be the Username of your WordPress Dashboard. Don’t use “admin” as username.
- First Name: It will be added to Admin Profile. You can change it anytime after install.
- Last Name: This is also the part of Admin Profile name. You can change it later.
Then it will show a ‘Install WordPress’ Form. Click on Install Now! button.
4. That’s it. Your Installation is ready. They will show you the Admin Area, Username and Password.
5. Go to Admin area (http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin), put your username and Password and click on ‘Log in’.
Your WordPress Dashboard will be like this.
Congrats, You have a new WordPress Blog! Now What?
How it’s time to make your WordPress blog AWESOME. Here are few tutorials that will help you to run your WordPress blog successfully.
- 7 Essential Settings to Configure After Installing WordPress
- How to Install New WordPress Theme
- How to Install WordPress Plugin.
- And check our WordPress Guide for Beginners.
If you have any query about installing WordPress on HostGator cPanel, let me know via comment. HostGator has an awesome live support, you can also take help from their live support. If you find this post useful, consider sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.