Whenever you add a banner image on your post or sidebar, you always want to make it clickable so that visitors can land specific page. To make it clickable, you have to add a link on image.
However, if you are wondering how to do it, you are on the right place. In this post I will show you how to make an image clickable and how make the link open on new tab.
How to Create a Clickable Image in WordPress
1. First of all, create a new post. You won’t need to publish it.
2. Now click on ‘Add Media’ to upload to the image that you want to make clickable.
3. Then a box will be popped up. Click on ‘Upload Files’ and select the file from your computer.
4. Once image has been uploaded, on the right hand side you will notice ‘ATTACHMENT DISPLAY SETTINGS’.
From ‘Link to’ select ‘Custom URL’ and put URL on the next box. Click on ‘Insert into post’ button.
5. Now go to ‘Text’ Editor. Copy the code and Paste it where you want to add this clickable image.
Your code will be something like -
6. If you want to make the link open in new window, then you have to edit the code. Add target=”_blank” after link URL and new code will be as follows –
That’s it. You are done.
If you like this post, then please share it on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.